Valuable tips to remove the Mold from your house
Many homes in and around london have this mold problem. Told can build up in your house for many reasons and the most common reason is drying your cloths on the heater during winter, it means that there is a gradual buildup of moisture inside your house and water is the basic ingredient for mold. Some other reasons could be the water leakage in your house or a leaky water heater that builds moisture inside your house during winter.
Molds are eukaryotic micro-organisms that are decomposers of dead organic material such as leaves, wood and plants that floats through the air. When drywall, paper, and other cellulose-based materials collect moisture, they make the perfect habitat for mold to grow. There are some minor health issues because of living in a mold affected house such as throat irritation, Sneezing, Cough, Respiratory problems and Nasal and sinus congestion. To avoid such risks it is a good idea to clean the mold and stopping it from happening again. Following are some tips that you can follow to get rid of them.
- The first important thing to do is to know whether it is really mold or just a dost buildup. To do that you can dip an earbud into diluted bleach and dab it on the wall if the spot lightens and comes back after the clean then you can assume it is cold. There are mold testing kits available in shops with instructions and it is a good idea to make use of them before cleaning.
- Second part of mold cleaning is to identify the cause of the mold buildup, there is no point cleaning them if it is going to comeback over and over again. If there is a plumbing leak then fix the leak before cleaning the mold.
- Now you can start cleaning the mold but make sure that you are using a face mask to avoid breathing in fumes and wear robust work gloves. First, loosening the spores from the surface with a stiff brush. Then use a HEPA filter vacuum to clean it all up.
- For the mold buildup in bathtub or shower you can clean with antimicrobial treatment and then seal the gaps on the wall with grout to stop any leakage from bathtub.
- As soon as you finish cleaning use dehumidifiers and fans to dry the surface and leave it for atlas three days and check again in those areas for possible regrowth of any mood using mood testing techniques explained earlier in this article. Repeat this process until you see no sig of mould on that surface.
- Make sure to vacuum any debris from your cleaning and don't just leave them on the floor for them to grow again, afterwards get rid of the filter and washout the hose and tube with diluted bleach.
- Once the moisture has been dried up, clean and spray the area with an antimicrobial treatment to prevent mold from coming back, for larger areas you cause the fogging machine to the antimicrobial treatment.
- When you confirm that there is no sign of mould buildup again seal the wooden surfaces with pigmented shellac and remain the cleaned wall areas with latex paint that contains mildewcide additive to help stop future mold growth.
- To avoid mold buildup in the future please make sure the room is well ventilated by opening the doors and windows and keeping an eye on the moist level of your room.
Mold can be an early warning sign to your house of a moisture problem inside of your walls or ceilings that could cause an expensive problem like wood rot. Don't just clean the mold overtime you see them, find the cause of this problem and stop it from happening again. You always have to understand that the key to stop most mold is to control dampness inside your house.
If the mould build up is more than ten square feet then it is a good idea to consider hiring a professional cleaner to do the cleaning job for you. At Wise Projects we are experts in treating told affected houses and we also undertake handyman work to stop any water leakage in your house and seal them safely to stop dampness inside your house.